Big Five Walking Safari in Welgevonden Game Reserve
Kololo offers the unique opportunity to do Welgevonden Big Five walking safaris. Under the supervision of our certified rangers you will explore the reserve exclusively and intimately.
An exciting adventure giving you the chance to experience the wild animals in a completely different way. Because the best way to explore the bush, observe the animals, hear the sounds and smell the smells is on foot. Only then you become one with, and come closer to, nature. Ans maybe the most important aspect: you will hear your own heartbeat when you see a rhino coming by. It is a once in a lifetime experience giving you the ultimate authentic African bush feeling.
Walks in Welgevonden are organised for groups with a minimum of 4 and maximum of 8 persons and take about 3 hours. The walk starts directly from Kololo through our own private gate into Welgevonden. Or the ranger drives you a specific point in Welgevonden from where the walk will start. On two locations there are SAN rock paintings to be seen. The walk might take you there as well. All together an unforgettable experience.
To ensure the safety of our guests and the wellbeing of the flora and fauna we have set the following rules for the Big Five walks:
- No smoking during the walk.
- No cell phones, I-pads, I-Phones or any other electronic items.
- No weapons.
- No children under 16 years.
- The ranger decides if a guest is capable to make this walk.
- Guests under influence will not be allowed to go on the walk.
- Hiking shoes
- Natural colour clothes
- Medicine if needed or medication for allergies
- Sun cream
- Water bottle will be provided by Kololo